Total Energy Provider Leading the future energy Business
Superphalt is the product name of polymer modified asphalt (PMA) developed by SK energy. It is an innovative product that lengthens the life span of roads. A net of polymer chains created between SBS and asphalt molecules absorbs stress applied on the pavement, dramatically improves viscosity and elasticity, thereby remarkably lengthening the life span of roads.
About SK energy's Superphalt It is the brand name of PMA (Polymer Modified Asphalt) developed by SK energy. A polymer chain that look like a web, which is formed between SBS and asphalt molecules, absorbs the stress given to the pavement and significantly increases viscosity and resilience, which drastically extends the life span of roads.
· The Superphalt increases resilience at a high temperature during summer, which reduces the degree of plastic deformation.
· The Superphalt increases elasticity at a low temperature during winter, which reduces the degree of cracking.
· The Superphalt can be easily recovered from loading by traffic.
· The Superphalt reduces the possibility of segregation, which has been the problem of existing polymer modified asphalt, which gives stability in storage. · The Superphalt reduces separation of materials thanks to the outstanding adhesive strength with the aggregate and has great water resistance.
· The Superphalt is great for the pavement of structures thanks to its outstanding waterproof features.
· It deters aging of asphalt, which delays cracking for a long-term.
· It extends the lifespan of pavements and reduces the thickness of pavements.
|Type of products||Type||Provider|
|Superphalt 76-22||PG 76-22||Motorways, industrial roads, bridge deck pavement, etc.|
|Superphalt 82-22||PG 82-22||Airports, highly-congested roads, industrial roads, steel deck bridges, etc.|
|Superphalt Porous(PA)||Specifications of highly-viscose modified asphalt spec.||For low-noise/permeable pavement|
|Superphalt PSMA||PSMA||For PSMA pavement|
|Superphalt Speedway||Special specifications for F1 stadiums||Motor race courses|
|Superphalt Mastic||Special European specifications||For the repair of impermeable bridge deck/old concrete|
|Superphalt Green||PG 76-22||Pavement of motorways, bridge decks with intermediate temperature modified asphalt|